Setting up Harmony remote with WMC

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
soureel

HTPC Specs: Show details

Setting up Harmony remote with WMC

Post by soureel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:14 pm

There are scads of postings on Harmony remotes and WMC, but I can't find any posting or webpage which lays out clearly the step-by-step for setup. I have a Harmony 700 remote and a RC6 USB receiver. I followed the prompts using Logitech's online software, but after setup the computer/WMC does not respond to the remote. Don't know what I'm doing wrong and would appreciate advice!

soureel

Post by soureel » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Also, one of the problems I've run into is that the instructions I've found for WMC setup refers to the Downloaded Logitech Harmony software. Logitech indicates that for my 700, the online software should be used. The user menus for the online software are different than the downloaded software; for example you can't select "Media Center PC" as device.

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:21 pm

soureel wrote:Also, one of the problems I've run into is that the instructions I've found for WMC setup refers to the Downloaded Logitech Harmony software. Logitech indicates that for my 700, the online software should be used. The user menus for the online software are different than the downloaded software; for example you can't select "Media Center PC" as device.
I use the online software for my 650. IIRC you need to use the "Windows Media Center SE" model just like on their test configurator (it's not an option you select from a dropdown, you type it in). Media Center PC -> Microsoft -> Windows Media Center SE

EDIT: Re-read your last line. Yes, you can select Media Center PC, it's under "Computer" in the "Device" column.

werds

Post by werds » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 pm

soureel wrote:Also, one of the problems I've run into is that the instructions I've found for WMC setup refers to the Downloaded Logitech Harmony software. Logitech indicates that for my 700, the online software should be used. The user menus for the online software are different than the downloaded software; for example you can't select "Media Center PC" as device.
Even though it told me to use the online for my 700 I still use the locally installed version and it still works fine :)