WMC unresponsive after wake

pd veeps

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC unresponsive after wake

Post by pd veeps » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

So i thought I had this issue fixed but it's back. I even added an HMDI detective plus so i wouldn't lose edid from my avr. It seems that it's only wmc that is affected. The wmc window, which is fullscreen, is black but I get the mouse cursor. I can hit alt+f4 to exit and restart and wmc will work fine. Or I can hit ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and I will have wmc screen back. But then if I try to play live tv or something in media browser, I just get the little circle in the middle of the screen and nothing plays. I have to exit wmc and restart and everything works fine. I know it's not an hdmi handshake issue because only the wmc window is black.

I am running amd a6-3500 with integrated Radeon 6530d. Using hdmi out to a hdmi detective which has the edid of my denon avr891. Then hdmi out to my samsung dlp. All resolutions are set at 1080p. I've been trying catalyst versions 13.5, 13.9, and the new 14.1 beta. Anyone have a fix for this?
Maybe it's just a registry issue?

jjwatmyself

Post by jjwatmyself » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:17 am

Verify you have the most current bios for your motherboard AND video card. Also, verify your motherboard bios has primary video set to pci-e x16 and not on-board.

pd veeps

Post by pd veeps » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 am

jjwatmyself wrote:Verify you have the most current bios for your motherboard AND video card. Also, verify your motherboard bios has primary video set to pci-e x16 and not on-board.
My bios is up to date. Why should I set primary video to pci-e when I have integrated graphics?

jjwatmyself

Post by jjwatmyself » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Oops, my mistake, I didn't realize that your 'card' was integrated. :)

pd veeps

Post by pd veeps » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:25 pm

No problem jjwatmyself.

So I found a few causes and mostly have this fixed.

1) I uninstalled the display driver but kept the current catalyst control center. Then I let windows auto detect. I thinks it's at a version from 4/3/13. I think it says 12.1. Not exactly sure because I'm at work and not home right now. So I did this and also just played with regular sleep, not hybrid sleep. It would sleep and wake fine when sleeping from live tv playing, the guide screen, or the main wmc screen.

2) Then I tried sleep from the media browser classic screen. Slept and woke but I was not able to access my tuners. I found this to be the wmcserver plugin. I had this issue before but reinstalled it recently thinking the problem was something else. So I uninstalled wmcserver and it's plugin in media browser server and that issue is solved. No more tuner errors on sleep/wake from media browser classic.

3) lastly I tried sleep/wake from media browser classic while playing a movie or show. Sleeps fine but wakes to a black screen but I can hear navigation sounds if I press keys on the remote. If I press live tv, live tv plays and everything works fine. So now I need to find a better codec pack or settings. I'm using shark007 but maybe I need to deviate away from shark codecs.