Number of tuners supported in MC

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
krbriesc

HTPC Specs: Show details

Number of tuners supported in MC

Post by krbriesc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:29 am

Running 8.1 MC with 4 ATSC tuners; considering the installation of a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe - 4-channel Internal Cable TV Tuner Card as well. Can media center control the additional tuners? When i attempted to install a third Hauppauge tuner card the card was recognized but the total number of tuners remained at 4.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:07 am

First of all, WMC natively supports 4 of each kind of tuner. So, a setup with your 4 ATSC tuners plus 4 QAM tuners would be natively supported.

Secondly, Ceton's driver software install patches that under the hood such that you can install more than 4 of the Ceton tuners (I forget how many more). This is apparently pretty trivial.

It's so trivial that you can, outside of the Ceton driver software, install Tuner Salad that increases that limit for all types of tuners. With Tuner Salad, you can set your system up to handle additional ATSC tuners.

http://www.mychannellogos.com/tunersalad

krbriesc

Post by krbriesc » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks adam; your information was extremely helpful in my decision to move forward with the Ceton purchase.