MacroTube

pdean

HTPC Specs: Show details

MacroTube

Post by pdean » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm

I am running Win 7 and have the plugin macro tube installed. I have rarely used it but it has worked and today I wanted to use it and discovered that when I click on a you tube video to have it played nothing happens. There is no error message simply nothing happens. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program along with the macro tube helper application and still nothing.

Does anyone know if this can be made to work or know of any other programs that can run you tube within media center.

winterescape

Post by winterescape » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:12 am

I think most folks use relaunch https://code.google.com/p/relaunch/

pdean

Post by pdean » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:28 pm

So does Macro Tube no longer work.

pdean

Post by pdean » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:49 pm

relaunch is very interesting. I have a problem not being able to use it full screen and each time a message from Chrome says it was not closed properly and has a taskbar with this message at the top of the screen. It is certainly a great way to use you tube via media center.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:05 pm

pdean wrote:relaunch is very interesting. I have a problem not being able to use it full screen and each time a message from Chrome says it was not closed properly and has a taskbar with this message at the top of the screen. It is certainly a great way to use you tube via media center.
There are a couple settings in chrome you can set to disable the orange pop up bar with ReLaunch.
Do a search on this site for Using Pandora with ReLaunch. it has the chrome settings in the tutorial I created for Pandora.
One is setting Chromes Preference file to "read only"
the other is opening Chrome and type About:Flags in the address bar and hit enter. Scroll down and Disable Better Session Restore.

NOTE: you MUST open chrome one time prior to making the changes above and clear the orange bar and close Chrome properly. Make both changes to the settings above and no more annoying bar when using ReLaunch.
newfiend~