Viewing or Listening Conflict

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
christoph86

HTPC Specs: Show details

Viewing or Listening Conflict

Post by christoph86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:02 pm

I've browsed the forum for a fix. Everything was working fine, turned the tv on this morning and get the Viewing or Listening Conflict No tuner available to satisfy the current request. I've sent the diagnostic into ceton but was seeing if anyone knows the answer to this. PCI ceton 4, I've tried clearing the tuner and then rediscover, but when I go through tv setup in windows I can't go any further because it can't find a tuner. Everything is checked green in the ceton diagnostics, so it just seems windows is not discovering the tuners. I can tune to a channel in the diagnostic tool and it tunes there, just not in mediacenter. Antivirus is disabled. Rebooted several times. Tried system restore, no dice. When I look at the diagnostic for the individual tuners, for all of them I get WMDRM Pairing: Red, so pretty sure this isn't good. Playback is stopped. Cablecard is good, TA is good. Drivers are up to date for infinitv. Now in Network and sharing under adjust network adapters, the Infinitv shows up status is no internet access.

Any ideas?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:46 pm

Disabling antivirus doesn't take it out of the picture - try removing it and restart.

Also can you get to the InfiniTV web page?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

christoph86

Post by christoph86 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Uninstalled avg, updated drivers and some hotfixes ceton recommended but still no go. I can get to the website

christoph86

Post by christoph86 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 am

This ended up being an issue with the tuning adapter resetting itself constantly according to Ceton support. They had me do a number of things that didn't seem to work initially after several back and forths. Kept trying to go through tv setup after clearing out tuners and rediscovering them but WMC couldn't locate an active tuner. After shutting down for the night and unplugging my TA (which I had already tried), the next morning with everything shut down I added my new 6450 HD card in, then when I fired everything up, Voila, I was able to go through the tv setup again and get everything running. Not exactly sure what happened to cause this but its been running good since.