Recording stops early with back to back shows

christoph86

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recording stops early with back to back shows

Post by christoph86 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:35 pm

So I have this issue when I have back to back recordings on the same channel the first show stops recording and it will switch to the next scheduled show about a minute before the show is over. So I have to watch the last minute or so of the first show on the second show recording. It stays on the same tuner. Is there a way to have it switch to a different tuner so that the first show will record all the way and the second show will start on a different tuner? I have the settings set to stop recording 1 minute after show is complete.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Set the first recording to stop 10 minutes after. Be sure to use the option "10 minutes after", not "10 minutes after (when possible)"

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:22 pm

richard1980 wrote:Set the first recording to stop 10 minutes after. Be sure to use the option "10 minutes after", not "10 minutes after (when possible)"
Just in case the original poster is confused about this, I will add that you cannot set "10 minutes after" as a global default that will apply to all recordings. Instead, you have to use the "Advanced Record" panel when you schedule each and every recording, and set "10 minutes after" on that panel.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK