DRM 'lock' during Win 7 MCE build/install

rmalbers

HTPC Specs: Show details

DRM 'lock' during Win 7 MCE build/install

Post by rmalbers » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm building a new Win 7 with MCE PC that will use an existing HD Prime Ethernet tuner and I want to get as much stuff installed and setup as possible before switching my TV viewing to it. I also do NOT want to lose HD TV viewing on my current Win 7 MCE install (it's football season, LOL) but I would like to remove and reuse (in the new MCE PC) an Ethernet card, a cache memory device and a hard drive from the original MCE PC.
1) On the original MCE PC can I safely 'remove' any of this hardware that I want to move to the new MCE PC without getting into DRM issues or does it work the same as when you 'add' hardware, I don't want to lose TV viewing?

2) On the new MCE PC, at what point does the 'DRM' lockdown, what I getting at is at what point in the install does the DRM get 'set' so that if you make any more hardware additions you get the playback errors.

I hope all this is clear enough, I changed a CPU in my MCE PC once and it was not a pleasant experience until I finally, somehow, got DRM working again!