Moving infiniTV4 to new build

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
spanner

HTPC Specs: Show details

Moving infiniTV4 to new build

Post by spanner » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 pm

I just moved my infinitv 4 PCI with cable card to a new build. I ran the ceton installer software and ran the digital adviser tool on the new computer. Then i ran setup tv signal and put in my zip code It then starts downloading TV setup data. I then get message "New tv setup data could not be downloaded you can continue with exsisting data if avalible"

Everything looks good in the ceton diagnostic program and cable card is paired

Am I missing a step to migrate this card to new computer?

Any help would be appreciated

epayson85

Post by epayson85 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:24 pm

When you say new build is this a fresh install of windows? This happened to me once on a new build. I found it odd because it was literally a fresh install, almost nothing even installed on the computer yet. I could not get it to download the tv data. I then deleted the WMC database, restarted the computer, reran the setp, and it worked.

spanner

Post by spanner » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Fresh install of Windows on a new separate Intel i3 computer. I will remove WMC database and keep trying.

My mistake, date and time were off and TV data wouldn't download. At least this was the only hiccup Ive had so far.

isaaktnt

Post by isaaktnt » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 pm

I was thinking of moving my setup over to a faster pc as well. Do I have to go through the whole activation process with cable company in regards to the cablecard setup?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Is your time and date set correctly? If it's off, I believe that could cause it.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:45 pm

isaaktnt wrote:I was thinking of moving my setup over to a faster PC as well. Do I have to go through the whole activation process with cable company in regards to the cablecard setup?
No. as long as you leave the cable card in the tuner you can skip that part of setup that has you call the cable provider.