Possible For Recording to Go To Tuner Specific Folders?

InIrons

HTPC Specs: Show details

Possible For Recording to Go To Tuner Specific Folders?

Post by InIrons » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:49 pm

I have an assortment of different tuners, for my purposes I would like for the SD analog tuners I have to record to one folder and my HD (QAM, etc) tuners record to another folder? Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this? Can it even be done?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Only if you have a scheduled task (post-process) that looks for new recordings and moves them after they are finished recording. There is only ONE directory for recorder storage (where the recorder stores NEW recordings). But, you can move them after they are finished. You can also specify multiple folders/directories to search for recorded TV files (but only one for where to create new ones).

If you create a post-process that moves them after they are created, I'm not sure how you'll identify them after they are separated.

I asked a similar question when I first started researching Media Center... but after I started using it, I discovered that what I wanted to do was unnecessary.

InIrons

Post by InIrons » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi Barnabas

Thanks for the advisment and info...

I guess I should explain in further detail on why I want to do what I am doing here...

I have 2 analog tuners (Avermedia M039), 2 QAM tuners (Avermedia Volar Max) and 1 set top box captured via a 3rd tuner (another Avermedia M039). I also have an Avermedia HD DVR pci-e capture card which has no MCE interface.

I wrote a review on the card on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/review/R24MAB5PZU ... AB5PZU959B and then I further describe in the review in an update that describes using Autohotkey scripts and Task Scheduler to automate a process that when recording starts either manually or scheduled kicks of command to run their Avermedia Center and start recording. When the recording ends, then I send another command to Avermedia Center to stop recording. Whats great about the card is that it records into mpeg format and the 720p picture is really great. That makes it easier for me to convert to other video formats, etc

What I would like to do is when recording is finished, is to then copy the file name using autohotkey scripting and rename the mpg file (just the name not the extension) and then delete the original recorded file.

It works great.... but it cannot differentiate between recordings made by the analog or QAM tuners or the set top box capture tuner. If I only used this one set top box capture tuner then it would be no problem.

I guess no way to do it, but thanks!

InIrons

Post by InIrons » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Barnabas,

On another note, I am up in the Daytona Beach area of FL and I snuck a peek at your link to your htpc setup...

I too am on Brighthouse cable and wanted to know how your SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime CableCARD tuners are working? What are the costs they charge you for the cable cards? I guess it is M-Cards now and do you have to pay extra for SDV adapter? How was the installation?

Thanks!

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:02 am

Are you trying to accomplish this task using AVer MediaCenter or Windows Media Center?

If you are wanting to accomplish this task with Windows Media Center, there are a couple of options, but it will require to to have some scripting/programming knowledge. You could examine the results of PrintAllAttributes.js. The following properties would probably be useful depending on how you wanted to identify the recordings:
  • System.RecordedTV.IsATSCContent
  • System.RecordedTV.IsDTVContent
  • System.RecordedTV.IsHDContent
  • System.RecordedTV.ChannelNumber

InIrons

Post by InIrons » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:07 am

Thanks Richard I will take a look at those scripts and see if I can
leverage them for my use

What I want to do is when the set top box capture tuner starts and stop a
recording in WMC then I want the avermedia capture card to start stop recording

I have the avermedia capture card and the avermedia tuner tied into same
Set top box so whatever is on set top box both devices see

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:57 pm

InIrons wrote:Barnabas,

On another note, I am up in the Daytona Beach area of FL and I snuck a peek at your link to your HTPC setup...

I too am on Brighthouse cable and wanted to know how your SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime CableCARD tuners are working? What are the costs they charge you for the cable cards? I guess it is M-Cards now and do you have to pay extra for SDV adapter? How was the installation?

Thanks!
Brighthouse charges $2.95/month for each cable card. No charge for tuning adapters, and no "additional outlet" fees like some cable companies charge.

The first CableCARD installation was in Feb 2011, and it was a terrible experience. When I moved the CableCARD from an InfiniTV4 tuner to the HDHR Prime, it was a breeze, and so was the 2nd HDHR Prime. If you go with a CableCARD tuner, just make sure to ask for the "PRT team" when you call Brighthouse to activate the card.