WMC Blu-Ray

bunnyboo

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Blu-Ray

Post by bunnyboo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:21 am

Hi All,

Im looking for some help please. I have an Inspiron 660s with a built in blu-ray rom /cd drive running windows 8 with wmc. I use wmc to watch all my movies which are stored on a nas drive. This evening I went to watch a blu-ray and I kept getting this error message

"CANNOT PLAY DISC
To play this DVD, you must first install a playback application that supports Blu-ray Disc"

The blu-ray disks I have have no region codes on them and were bought from Amazon, Sainsburys so I know there not duds..
There are other blu-ray discs that I tried which play fine via the wmc. I have also tried playing these on media player and vlc player which dont work.
I did upgrade my pc to windows 8 with WMC so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Is there applications needed to play blu-ray disks in a blu-ray drive???

Any help would be very much appreciated. (especially now that I have bought loads of blu-rays for the kids on xmas day)

Many thanks,
Bunnyboo.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:27 am

WMC cannot play Bluray natively. For that you need a third party player such as Total Media Theatre.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:08 pm

I like Total Media Theatre too. It's better than the other BluRay player software, and it integrates well into Media Center. You can often find discount codes for TMT and save half the purchase price.

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:59 pm

+1 for http://www.arcsoft.com/totalmedia-theatre/

Stay Away from Cyberlink PowerDVD.
(I do love CyberLink PowerDirector 12 though for editing)