Integrate Plex into WMC through Windows 8?

d33mb33

HTPC Specs: Show details

Integrate Plex into WMC through Windows 8?

Post by d33mb33 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:22 pm

I run a 7MC HTPC in my living room with two XBOX360 extenders to push Live TV and Videos to other rooms in the house.

Increasingly I want to be taking advantage of Internet services such as IPlayer, Netflix, LoveFilm, YouTube and others. I am based in the UK and have never had proper Netflix integration and IPlayer has recently stopped it's WMV feeds meaning that I can't watch it on my extenders any more.

I recently installed Plex on my HTPC and it seems great. I can watch my content on my mobile devices and XBOX360s and take advantage of it's internet channels. The problem is that it's Live TV / season pass functionality is non-existent. I think what I really want is the WMC / MediaBrowser interface with the ability to play the Plex content.

I saw the following article which describes how Windows 8 supports mounting a DLNA server (e.g. Plex) as a virtual drive. http://community.twonky.com/twonky/topi ... o_explorer

My question is to those with Windows 8 is... does this work..? and if so could it be used to get Plex content into WMC?