Cleaning up MP4 TV Shows and changing "title" frame ?

spinnaker

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cleaning up MP4 TV Shows and changing "title" frame ?

Post by spinnaker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:28 am

I have a number of tv shows that I have converted with MCE Buddy. MCE Buddy does a decent job of trimming commercials but there are still some content before or after the video I would like to trim.

What is the easiest way to do this? I tried Movie Maker but it seems awfully clunky in how you have to save changes to the MP4. Actually I am still waiting and so far changes have not been saved. It is awfully slow perhaps there is no way around that one.

Is there an easier tool to clean up these videos?

Also is there a way to replace the title frame? (or what ever it is called, the frame that shows in preview mode)

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't know of a way to change the thumbnail (that's what you're calling the "title frame").

If you want to adjust how MCE Buddy trims the commercials, you need to do one of two things:

A) Make some adjustments to your commercial-skipping software so that it skips them correctly.
B) Make some manual changes to the XML files that are produced by the commercial-skipping software prior to running MCE Buddy.

spinnaker

Post by spinnaker » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:09 am

barnabas1969 wrote:I don't know of a way to change the thumbnail (that's what you're calling the "title frame").

If you want to adjust how MCE Buddy trims the commercials, you need to do one of two things:

A) Make some adjustments to your commercial-skipping software so that it skips them correctly.
B) Make some manual changes to the XML files that are produced by the commercial-skipping software prior to running MCE Buddy.
What manual changes would you need to make?

What if the first part of the video is a previous show?

One of my problems is that the show I wish to convert is in SD but the previous show is in HD so MCE Buddy seems to be converting as HD. Any way to force it to SD or at least skip ahead to the SD show?

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:55 pm

MCE Buddy just uses the XML file that is created by the commercial skipping software (Commskip or ShowAnalyzer). You can manually edit the XML file (with a text editor) to make it skip at different points. Yes, you can skip the beginning of the recording.