My Media Center (13.10.20.199) Update Issue With Phone App

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
KFish

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center (13.10.20.199) Update Issue With Phone App

Post by KFish » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:34 pm

After updating to the lasted version of the MY Media Center App (13.10.20.199) on my Win 7 machine, the forward and backward skip buttons no longer work on my win 8 phone or my wife's iPhone. All other buttons work including the fast forward and back button but just not the skip (>>I)(I<<).
Any ideas?

jelpak

Post by jelpak » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:28 pm

I've got the same problem hear. After installing this new version of My Media Center (13.10.20.199) on my media center PC, the skip buttons on the iPhone app ceased to function at all. When my wife gets home, she's gonna kill me. The skip buttons are the hole point, when it comes to watching a recorded show. This is a disaster!
The rest of the buttons on the iPhone app seem to function correctly.
I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS7 and the newest My Media Center app.

KFish

Post by KFish » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:47 pm

jelpak wrote:I've got the same problem hear. After installing this new version of My Media Center (13.10.20.199) on my media center PC, the skip buttons on the iPhone app ceased to function at all. When my wife gets home, she's gonna kill me. The skip buttons are the hole point, when it comes to watching a recorded show. This is a disaster!
The rest of the buttons on the iPhone app seem to function correctly.
I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS7 and the newest My Media Center app.
I have the HTC 8x windows Phone and my wife has the IPhone 4s with iOS7. I wonder if anyone with a android is experiencing the same problem.
Motz, any idea on a fix?

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 am

Have you tried to just restart the PC after updating? WMC might have locked the addin.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

KFish

Post by KFish » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Motz wrote:Have you tried to just restart the PC after updating? WMC might have locked the addin.
I have restarted the PC, no luck. Removed and reinstalled the app on both phones, no luck. Reinstalled the app on the pc, no luck. The app was installed as an upgrade from the previous version. I am going to uninstall it from the pc and do a clean install vs. an upgrade to see if that helps.
But still, it is confusing as to why only the skip forward and back buttons are the only two that don't work from the phones and all the others function with no problem. I'll let you know what happens after this next attempt.

KFish

Post by KFish » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:08 pm

KFish wrote:
Motz wrote:Have you tried to just restart the PC after updating? WMC might have locked the addin.
I have restarted the PC, no luck. Removed and reinstalled the app on both phones, no luck. Reinstalled the app on the PC, no luck. The app was installed as an upgrade from the previous version. I am going to uninstall it from the PC and do a clean install vs. an upgrade to see if that helps.
But still, it is confusing as to why only the skip forward and back buttons are the only two that don't work from the phones and all the others function with no problem. I'll let you know what happens after this next attempt.
I uninstalled version 13.10.20.199, rebooted, reinstalled the same version, rebooted, and still experience the same issue with the forward and backward skip buttons on the phone app not working. I then uninstalled it again, rebooted, and installed version 13.2.26.1062, rebooted. Now the forward and backward skip buttons work again on the phones. Hopefully this helps. Any other suggestions that I might try to get the buttons to work with the newer version?

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 am

Could be a regression, I would send an email to mymediacenter@cetoncorp.com with these repro steps and that the old version worked.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

KFish

Post by KFish » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Motz wrote:Could be a regression, I would send an email to mymediacenter@cetoncorp.com with these repro steps and that the old version worked.
Thanks - I just sent the email.