Multiple Ceton tuners (internal)--best install practices?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

Multiple Ceton tuners (internal)--best install practices?

Post by adam1991 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 pm

All,

I'm about to help a friend set up his 7MC with internal Ceton. I'm going to take the lessons learned from my experience over the last 6 months and, with luck, do a quick and smooth install on a brand new machine.

One difference: he has two Ceton cards that we'll be installing. I've not done that.

Other than Tuner Salad (first thing), is there anything special I need to do for this setup? Should I install one and get it fully running and then install the second one, or can I simply install both cards at once and do the driver/firmware updates, or....???

Best practices for this are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:48 pm

I would suggest installing one tuner card first and verifying that everything works before adding the second card.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Makes sense.

With two cards installed, will each one take a unique IP address automatically? No conflicts?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 pm

By default, the first card (assuming both are PCIe) will be 192.168.200.1 and the second will be 192.168.201.2
If you are using TAs, make sure you are on the latest beta drivers - I believe the current non-beta release has an issue where TAs sometimes get assigned to the wrong unit.
Beyond that, make sure they don't get too hot - depending on the case design/airflow, cramming a few InfiniTVs in one case can get toasty.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:31 am

I think the OP is referring to when the cards are in bridged mode. Therefore, each card should automatically receive its own IP address on the LAN.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct