WHS V1 Windows Media Center Connector displaying wrong info

cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

WHS V1 Windows Media Center Connector displaying wrong info

Post by cw-kid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi

This is presumably why MS ditched the Windows Media Center connector in WHS 2011 ?

I have a WHS V1 box, I have installed the Windows Media Center Connector on my Windows 7 HTPC clients. When I look in the Console View of this MCE add-in it displays the wrong information with regards to the storage pool size / free space and even the number of hard drives that are in the WHS box.

I recently removed 2 hard drives from my WHS box, one was replaced with a new WD 2TB drive and the other is going back to Seagate for repair, anyways the upshot is that I had 6 drives in my WHS box now I only have 4 drives however the Windows Media Center Connector add-in Console View still shows 6 drives. It also says the free space is 47% this is now incorrect since I removed these two hard drives and it should say 8%.

I even had a new HTPC which I built this week clean install of everything and even that client shows the wrong information in the Windows Media Center Connector add-in. However if I look at the actual WHS console via RDP or from the WHS icon in the system tray on the PC clients all information is correct.

Anyone know how to fix this???

Many thanks.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by cw-kid » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Is anyone else even using it LOL ? I might just uninstall it as its worthless if it ain't working.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle