DMA-2100 - 1 Problem 1 Question

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
jebbbz

HTPC Specs: Show details

DMA-2100 - 1 Problem 1 Question

Post by jebbbz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:54 pm

I recently acquired a DMA-2100 and have one problem and one question.

The problem is that the unit seems to forget my interface settings any chance it gets. I wish to keep off fancy transistions and the beeps yet any time the unit comes out of stand-by (or the host PC does) it seems I have to uncheck and save those options again. Am I doing something wrong or is this a "feature" of the box?

Second, at some point I thought I might hook up a place-shifting box (probably a Monsoon Vulkano) but I do not know if the HDMI (to my TV) and the analog outputs on the DMA-2100 could be connected/active at the same time. Any DRM on the analog outputs?

Otherwise, I find the Linksys extender entirely adequate (hate the layout of the remote, however) and wish they were still in production and having the firmware upgraded.

Thanks for any help...

STC

Post by STC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:17 pm

One answer - sounds like a wobbly DMA2100. The values should stick until you remove/re-link to MC. I believe these values are stored on the DMA and not the MC PC.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

DanH

Post by DanH » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 pm

You can use both inputs, with caveats. I do this with a DMA-2200 and a Slingbox (Non-HD).

If the HDMI connection is active (ie: TV is on), then the non-HD outputs are not active. Once the HDMI connection is no longer active (ie: TV is off), then the analog output is enabled. I believe that I am using S-Video output from the DMA. If not DMA, then it is Composite.

With regard to your other request...
I believe that Transitions and audio are disabled and saved on the MCPC, not the extender. If I remember correctly, these are set in the Media Center menus, not the extender menus, so they would be stored in the registry on the PC. Either the settings are not being loaded when the PC wakes or the registry is corrupt for the extender user.

I would first approach it by removing the extender from the PC and re-attach the extender. This will cause a new user to be created on the PC and therefore have a new registry for the user settings.
Was Danh_HP_m376n

STC

Post by STC » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:08 pm

I stand corrected. Dans idea is a good one. Remove the extender from within Media Center on the PC, then power cycle the extender and re-add it.
-Never heard of your issue before though...
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

jebbbz

Post by jebbbz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 am

Thanks, all. Did as you all suggested (remove extender, power-off extender, re-attach extender) and now it remembers. While I had tried removing and re-attaching the extender I had never completely powered it down betwen efforts. Any way, now it works as you both confirmed it should have and my main aggravation is gone.

jebbbz

Post by jebbbz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Dug around and found that apparently adding an extender adds to the Users system directory a user folder prefixed "Mcx1-" then the PC name with lots of hidden files and folders in it, along with nine empty standard folders. It looks like this had gotten corrupted and the fix suggested here re-created the folder in usable form.

Again, thanks.

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:35 pm

One of my DMA 2100 developed a similar problem, where it "forgets" the way I like my "recorded TV" arranged (i.e. list, grouped by title, titles sorted alphabetically, and episodes within group sorted by date originally aired).

Every time I start up this particular extender, it shows it in the default windows arrangment.... I am going to have to remove it, and then re-synch it again, I guess...

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

I removed the DMA2100 in question from the "extenders" list in WMC. Reset the unit to "factory defaults" and re-synched it, and it is all well now...