HULU! (US Only)

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
BCloud

HTPC Specs: Show details

HULU! (US Only)

Post by BCloud » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Ever since I fired my WMC setup I sought ways to get all my media in one location. No changing devices, No changing inputs, no yelling or eye rolling from my wife! Just work. Well I'm one step closer to having my cake, and bath in it too!

Cons: :evil:

- Linear layout: limitation of tubecore

- Serviio service stops on its own quite frequently with no rhyme, or reason. Creating a scheduled task to restart the service daily off hours should solve this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you will need

- Lastest version of Serviio (google it)

- Serviio hulu plugin (us only) install instructions

- Hulu show rss url which still work - Link

- Tubecore

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install steps:

- Install serviio on your HTPC

- Open the Serviio Directory: C:\program files\serviio\plugins, drag and drop the hulu.groovy plugin into the folder.

- Exit serviio console and restart serviio service.

Setup Steps:

- In the serviio console under library > online resources click add > select RSS feeds > paste your desired Feed address > Select video > then click Add

- Repeat to add more channels

- In serviio console under presentation disable categories you may not be interested in. but do not disable the video caetgory.

- Tada ! HULU! :ugeek:

Enjoy! :clap:

BCloud

Post by BCloud » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:29 pm

**** UPDATE Xbox360 Only****

If you are using a XBOX360 Extender tubecore is not required. Xbox has a native DLNA player which IMO is much more friendly to media remotes than tubecore.

Steps:

- From the Xbox home page navigate to TV & Movies > My Video Apps > System Video Player

- Select Serviio as the source

- Tada! Hulu - much faster response times, better video quality, and media remote friendly.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:34 am

The HP extenders are DLNA clients too. I don't think the Linksys is though.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 am

I really, really, REALLY don't understand this modern concept of "changing inputs is too hard". I keep hearing that but it makes zero sense.

Talk about a first world problem.

BCloud

Post by BCloud » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:23 pm

adam1991 wrote:I really, really, REALLY don't understand this modern concept of "changing inputs is too hard". I keep hearing that but it makes zero sense.

Talk about a first world problem.
Agreed, it is like walking 2 blocks for a healthy meal, vs going through a drive-thru for a cheese burger. :crazy:

When you have a family who is none to happy you've done all this to the TV to begin with; rather just use the provider set top box, less is more.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Buy a good programmable touch-screen remote like a Harmony or AR-RX18G. Program it to do the things that they normally use at the touch of a single button. Problem solved.

Trust me, it will be easier for them to use a Roku and a programmable remote than it will be for them to use any DLNA client.