Playback Digitizing and Breaking Up

jewrican

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jewrican » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:07 pm

agree... the question is where the heck in that moca transmitter ha ha. There is nothing in line throughout my system so it must be at the street or something.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Your cable modem is the MoCa transmitter. If the cable modem has a built-in filter, then it is probably a notch filter. What you need is a low-pass filter installed right at the InfiniTV tuner's input. Like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PPC-MoCA-Filter ... 3cd527864b

EDIT: I looked up your modem. It is not the MoCa transmitter. It contains a built-in low-pass filter so that it will reject MoCa interference. However, one of your neighbors could be using MoCa. The InfiniTV tuners are known to suffer from problems when there is interference from MoCA devices. The filter I recommended above is what you want.

jewrican

Post by jewrican » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:50 pm

So after a looong time of troubleshooting with Ceton using wireshark and other tools they determined that it was not their equipment and really couldnt assist. I kinda knew this from the start and was appreciative of their support.

When Comcast came out forever ago they installed an amplified splitter which apparently was the issue. The splitter in my house caused too much db loss so it wouldnt work well with that and the new one was a higher quality one. they just took the power off the input of the splitter and left it as is. Works like a champ. No tiling, no breaking up.. back to perfect.

Thanks for all that helped and I hope that this post explaining the solution helps at least one person.