Ceton InfiniTV USB and IPv6

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Sea3

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV USB and IPv6

Post by Sea3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:14 pm

My router recently stopped working with Comcast. I suspect it is related to ipv6, but I really don't know. On replacing it with a router with ipv6 support, I noticed that after I open WMC and wait for the spinning circle to appear and then disappear, the first time selecting a channel to watch now takes about 30 seconds before I see the channel content. I disabled ipv6 on my network adapter (not the Ceton InfiniTV USB network adapter) and now tuning into a channel the first time is fast again. I'm guessing that ipv6 was increasing the time to initially find the tuner. I'm not sure I need to enable ipv6 again, but if I find a reason, is there a recommended setup so that I won't see the tuning delay with ipv6 enabled? Should I disable ipv6 on the ceton adapter?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:10 am

The InfiniTV has no IPv6 support at this time. To be clear, having it enabled on the adapter shouldn't cause an issue - the InfiniTV just ignores it. It's odd that you are seeing WMC delay with IPv6 enabled.
Given that the InfiniTV does not support IPv6, leaving it disabled on the InfiniTV's interface is fine.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Sea3

Post by Sea3 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:38 am

I was going to get some network logs so I re-enabled ipv6 on my network adapter and I no longer see the long delay.
I failed to mention it before, but I never suspected a problem with the InfiniTV tuner since it opened up right away using IE but I will disable ipv6 on it since it isn't supported or needed.

Thanks!