Problem accessing network share

bretticus

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problem accessing network share

Post by bretticus » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 am

Hi everyone. I'm having an annoying problem, and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas. I've searched everywhere and can't figure it out.

I've had a working HTPC and file server for awhile. HTPC records, sends .wtv files to file server every night using a scheduled task, Recorded TV folder on the server is shared so the HTPC can see all the shows. Pretty standard.

Anyway, I'm migrating to a new server, and I copied all the .wtv files to the new server using robocopy. Both servers are currently on the network. I can see the new TV folder on the new server fine. I see all the files. I can even open the files in WMC using "Open with..." from Windows Explorer. They will play fine that way.

Here's the problem. Whenever I try to add the new folder to the recorded TV media library, the files are added but cannot play. Everything is listed, but I keep getting a "File not found" error when I press play. Removing the new folder and using the old folder on the old server results in everything working normally. I have tried everything I can think of. I've used different usernames, passwords, no password, admin account, etc. I've modified every permission I can think of. I've mapped the drive and tried UNC paths. Nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:19 am

Are you running any A/V software on the new server? For testing, do you have another system or laptop that you can to point to the new server?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

bretticus

Post by bretticus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:02 am

I'm running Media Browser 3 Server and Media Center Master, but they're only for movies, which should be totally separate.

As far as testing, I have a laptop, but it doesn't have Pro or WMC. I can see all the .wtv files, but so can the HTPC. It's just WMC that's being problematic.