Remote s playing up.

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
CaptainSEO

HTPC Specs: Show details

Remote s playing up.

Post by CaptainSEO » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm

A few times now my remote simply fails.

The LED on the remote lights up when a button is pressed as does the LED on he receiver to show it is picking up the signal.

Media Centre ignores it though.

Previously, the only way I have found to get it to work again is to reinstall Windows.

There must be a better way to fix this - any ideas?

It's this one from Maplin BTW http://mobile.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=218643

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 pm

I am having a similar issue where my harmony one sends the signal, htpc gets it but it takes a minute or more to react. Not sure what's causing this either...

Sent from my WP7 using Board Express

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:12 pm

I had a Dell IR receiver, one of the cylindrical types, that would periodically just quit working. The only way to make it work again was to unplug it and plug it back in to a DIFFERENT USB PORT.

THAT'S not the route to WAF. I replaced it with a squat HP receiver, problem solved.

Lately, I've noticed a need to be very particular about my button presses and where my remote (Harmony 300) is pointed. Sometimes it takes multiple presses to make something happen. I suspect low batteries...

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:12 am

adam1991 wrote:I had a Dell IR receiver, one of the cylindrical types, that would periodically just quit working. The only way to make it work again was to unplug it and plug it back in to a DIFFERENT USB PORT.
I have this too with my Dell cylindrical IR receiver. I recently re-installed Vista from the Windows DVD (not the Dell pre-load), and applied all maintenance. This IR problem is one of the problems that I had hoped would be fixed, but alas it has occurred twice since the re-install.

Sometimes simply unplugging and replugging the receiver fixes the problem, but not always. I had never thought about replugging it into a different USB socket. Thanks for the tip!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK