Moving On... New Firmware Releases

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
dabretty

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by dabretty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:03 am

This place is depressing. Most depressing is that Motz and company have this project (and us) in the rearview mirror.

Think about it. If you're them, are you going to hang around anymore to collect pennies on the dollar for squeezing improvements out of a failed product, or are you on to the next opportunity to oversell and make big bucks elsewhere? I'm not sure that they care that they're burning this bridge with us.

morgwon

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by morgwon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:41 am

First post so I will describe my setup

HTPC with i5 3570k 8gb ram 4tb for recorded TV
3 HD Homerun Prime CableCard Tuners (total 9 tuners in pool)
Synology Nas with 30tb of storage
Xbox Slim as extender connected via powerline
3 Echos connected using wired gigabit ethernet and the 4th is using MoCA.

For what its worth I have been content with my purchases. I was able to watch last weeks Mayweather v Alvarez fight (including all the prefight festivities a total of about 8 continuous hours) with no issues on the echo using MoCA. I bought the echos with the sole purpose of extending TV and DVR and have not run across any issues with that part. Mostly the extending TV part. I have two echos (each connected to 39" Sharp 1080p LED TVs) alongside my HTPC (connected to a 73" Mitsubishi 1080p DLP) that I use for sports watching particularly on Sundays when I watch football. Using the My Media Center app I love being able to control each individually. The other hard wired echo (connected to a 29" Samsung 720p LED TV) is located at my desk which I use when I am watching TV while I am gaming or doing some work. Other than the occasional reboot I have been problem free. I would have loved to have been able to surpass the capabilities of the xbox 360 but it looks like that was not in the cards. I purchased all of mine during sales so I probably have about $500 into them. I save about $50 a month if I wanted the same amount of boxes to all the TVs I have right now. So yes there are some success stories out there.