Ceton My Media Center (x64) and Windows 8.1 Pro RTM

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
ronbeau

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton My Media Center (x64) and Windows 8.1 Pro RTM

Post by ronbeau » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:30 am

I am trying to install Ceton My Media Center (x64) version 13.2.26.1063 under Windows 8.1 Pro X64 RTM (downloaded from MSDN).
I get the message "Ceton My Media Center (x64) can only be installed on Windows 8 Professional."

It appears as though the developer's operating system version check is not looking for >= Windows 8 like it should.

The device drivers for the Ceton Infini TV 4 installed fine and I can view TV shows with no problem.
I opened case # TJI-953-92699 on the Ceton web site.
The second email message I got back directed me here.

Technical Information

A call to the .NET Framework reveals the following:
OS Platform = Win32NT
OS Version = 6.2.9200.0
OS Full Name = Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center

jfreiman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jfreiman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 pm

The issue you describe was addressed with a beta version of the software and you can find it pinned at the top of the forum (this is why the email directed you to this site) :/
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=3195

However, while this beta version worked with 8.1 Preview, there are some complications with 8.1 RTM.

Problem: Once the My Media Center Services are installed on 8.1, Windows Media Center can no longer stream ANY video type(s) to Media Center Extender - works for 5 seconds before the screen turns black.

If you do not use an Xbox 360 as a MCX then everything works as expected.

See the following thread:
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=5939