Pixelation - fixed

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ja216

HTPC Specs: Show details

Pixelation - fixed

Post by ja216 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 pm

I had been experiencing a few weeks of severe pixilation on all channels. I pretty much drove the ceton support people to drink (and apologize for that) as well as kept after Cablevision (Optimum online) in NJ. It got to the point where the cable company had replaced everything in my house, the line to the pole and then the tap on the main line. Next they balanced the signal in our neighborhood increasing signal levels to an average level of + 5. The problems continued. Eventually I switched the entire pc at my end (same pcie 4 ceton card ) with no result so I asked the final repairman for a new cablecard. He had one on the truck and it was bad. The next morning he came in with a handful and after three more, we got a good authorization from the cable company for that card and the problems went away. My recordings are better than ever with zero problems. So far no one seems to believe that the card could cause the problems but they are gone.
I list this so maybe someone else might try it in a similar situation.

cheers
john

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Huh. Doesn't really make sense, but whatever.

Let that be a lesson: do the free things first, because they're free--and still might fix things, or change things anyway.

ja216

Post by ja216 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Agreed it made no sense but To their credit, the cablecard support team has again called me to verify the repair. If their tech was not here to actually the day and night difference, they too would be looking askance.