samsung le52a656a1f mode not supported

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
meob

HTPC Specs: Show details

samsung le52a656a1f mode not supported

Post by meob » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi Guys

hope someone can help me. I'm getting intermittent "mode not supported"

samsung le52a656a1f -> 10m Atlona HMDI -> SONY STR-DA2400ES -> XFX ATI Radeon HD 5570 (HTPC)

Its a bit weird, but I can now reproduce the pattern.

( I use a harmony one run macros to power on everything in a certain way, i'm doing all of the below manually for testing...)

- amp off
- tv standby
- HTPC on
- amp on
- tv on
- HTPC on

The picture takes a few seconds to come on and all look well. After approx 10 minutes, sometimes much less, the tv starts to flicker , goes black, then I get the mode not supported... audio continues to play via amp.

To fix this, i usually have to power cycle the amp, or reseat hdmi cables... not nice at all. Once its back on, its perfect and no other interruptions to picture.

The first time this started to happen was with my old ps3, first model that came out. That was giving my all sorts of trouble, with mode not supported.

I'm not sure where I should troubleshoot this.... I have recently changed video card... the previous card was dvi to hdmi in amp and i didn't have this problem, the new video card is hdmi & audio over hdmi as well.... finger is pointing at ther card i know, but i have the same issue with the ps3...

any suggestions?