Preview Missing from Slider

jerky33

HTPC Specs: Show details

Preview Missing from Slider

Post by jerky33 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:46 am

Up to this weekend if I held down the skip ahead or skip back button I would get a preview on the timeline/slider during playback.
The preview no longer works, does anyone know what might cause this?

Note: it only affects my main media center PC, extenders continue to have the preview during playback.

Thanks in advance.

jerky33

Post by jerky33 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 am

I honestly thought this would drive me nuts for much longer than it has.
It turns out that the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software that auto installed after knocking the dust (figuratively) off of my Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 and hooking it up the other day was what caused the issue.
I disconnected the bluetooth tranciever, uninstalled that app, rebooted and wall is well now.
I hooked the mouse and keyboard back up again and things are still working as expected, it looks like the root cause of the issue is/was the application itself.
(I'll have to be sure to cancel the install if it attempts to auto install again) :/

(Cool, thanks 'Me'.... You're/I'm welcome) :D

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:20 am

Go you. Good job. :D

ucfknight

Post by ucfknight » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 am

Wow. Great find. I've been having the same exact issue for the last 2 months. The preview window was missing from the slider and none of the trick play actions were working. I've tried everything I could think of including adding all of the FF/RW/Trick play related registry keys. Nothing worked.

I have the same exact keyboard as you. I uninstalled that software just now and it fixed the issue! Looking back on it, this probably happened around the time my bluetooth receiver died. I had to replace it with a new one. When the mouse and keyboard paired with the new receiver, it must have initiated the install of this software.

Thank you so much!