IR Blaster help

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
milli260876

HTPC Specs: Show details

IR Blaster help

Post by milli260876 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 pm

I just bought this Lenovo WMC remote & IR package.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenovo-Window ... 27d0894086
it has two ports on the back which I assume are "emmiters"
I have tried positioning one of these to work my amp. when I press the remote on the amp I get a red response light on the large face of the receiver.
I've tried positioning the emmiter a number of ways and it doesn't seem to want to play.
any advice? guess this goes out to the US guys as they will use this kinda thing more????
Lee

DanH

Post by DanH » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:47 am

The emitter (end of coiled wire in the photo, I believe) is plugged into the base unit. The emitter is placed over the IR receiver/eye of a cable/satellite box. It has one use only....used for Media Center to control the cable/satellite box to change the channel. It also typically requires a SD-quality tuner card (although there are hacks to use it with HD, as well).

You must be using Windows Media Center and the base unit is plugged into the PC via the attached USB cable.

If the remote is programmable (typically only a few buttons are), then they are programmable on the remote itself and the IR signal is sent directly to the IR receiver/eye of the remote device (ie: amplifier).
Was Danh_HP_m376n

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Any advance on that? Surely there's a reason there is activity on the sensor when i use the amp remote? Doesn't it just copy/pass through the signals???
Lee