Media Center Cast 1.0B2

Chromecast in MediaCenter
fredx21

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Cast 1.0B2

Post by fredx21 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:14 am

A new version has come and here are the highlights:

- Added background casting option to keep the service running in background and allow any-time casting
- Removed the .net 4.5 installation requirement (should now run on straight computers with built-in .net 3.5 like Windows 7)

Background casting includes some heavy changes. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Download link

Fred

STC

Post by STC » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Rocking :) TYVM.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Ylinen

Post by Ylinen » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Given the challenges I had with your previous version I didn't expect this one would work either. I used my netbook with W7 SP1 32 bit. uninstalled the previous version. Installed the new version. Launched wincast. It came up with the error that it could not stop the SSDP Discovery service. Exited MCC. Went to services and stopped the SSDP service. Then launched MCC. It came up and said it was casting. Went to my Nexus 10 device and tried the castTicTacToe and it did not find any devices.

So, we are still having issues. Hope you can get a version I can use. Really want this ability to cast inside MCE.

fredx21

Post by fredx21 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:47 pm

Ylinen, it's not a surprise that it does not work for you as no changes have been made that could improve your situation.

Can you send me your email address in a PM? We could start communication by email and try to get to the bottom of this. I really want to you be able to cast too.

Also, lets continue our discussion in our thread: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =88&t=5809

Thanks,
Fred