USB Tuner Troubleshooting

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

USB Tuner Troubleshooting

Post by mldenison » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Folks,

My HTPC has two Ceton 4 channel tuners - one is PCIe and the other is USB.

I've had a lot of pixilation on some channels and have narrowed it down to the USB tuner. I've swapped the two TV cables and the problem stays with the USB tuner. Unplugging the USB cable forces the PCIe card to display the channel fine (875 - History Channel).

A Comcast truck is rolling to my house tomorrow as I'm getting no entitlement messages on various channels for the USB CableCard. I'm not sure if this is tied into the pixilation issue, it just started today after Comcast tried a remote entitlement signal. Comcast was unable to re-entitle the CableCard. Perhaps the card will be replaced tomorrow. If I don't disable the USB tuner, WMC displays a 'Subscription Required' message in Live TV and I'm thinking it's using one of the USB tuners.

How do I force WMC to use a channel in the USB tuner? I really don't want to open up the HTPC and remove the PCIe card once the CableCard is replaced.

Thanks

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Select the channel in the guide, press info. Select edit channel then edit sources. You should see a list of all your tuners, move all the USB tuners to the top of the list then save.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 am

I appreciate that! It did the trick - never noticed that option before or didn't know what it did.