AnyDVD HD Defeats Cinavia!

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

AnyDVD HD Defeats Cinavia!

Post by newfiend » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:59 am

http://www.missingremote.com/news/2013- ... ts-cinavia
More proof that you can encrypt all you like, but if it can be encrypted ..Someone will come along and Reverse engineer it.. ;)
newfiend~

lithium630

Post by lithium630 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:32 pm

newfiend wrote:http://www.missingremote.com/news/2013- ... ts-cinavia
More proof that you can encrypt all you like, but if it can be encrypted ..Someone will come along and Reverse engineer it.. ;)
newfiend~
If they spent more time figuring out how to give people unobstructed access to content they pay for and less on encryption, piracy wouldn't be as big of an issue.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:40 pm

lithium630 wrote:
newfiend wrote:http://www.missingremote.com/news/2013- ... ts-cinavia
newfiend~
If they spent more time figuring out how to give people unobstructed access to content they pay for and less on encryption, piracy wouldn't be as big of an issue.
Agreed.. :thumbup:

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Whatever. Let's just hope their "fix" lasts. I've been running the version of TMT5 that was immediately BEFORE the Cinavia addition ever since ArcSoft started supporting Cinavia. So far, it's been working fine for every ISO that I've mounted, but I don't think I've tried anything that is very recent.

The problem with running an old version of TMT is that a new Bluray title will eventually not work at all (because of the stupid Java crap that they include on the disks... nothing to do with Cinavia) unless I update to a newer version of TMT5/6!

My original plan was to not update the firmware on any of my Bluray players either (because of movies that are available on my local network via DLNA that would have eventually caused Cinavia to prevent me from playing files). Unfortunately, my Bluray players required an update to use the Netflix app, so I was forced to install the update!

I don't think I have any titles that include Cinavia (yet), but I'll certainly test some of the titles listed on the AnyDVD website. If it lasts, this new feature (defeating Cinavia) alone makes AnyDVD worth the price of admission!

tony_park

Post by tony_park » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm

We hit the problem with one of our recent blu ray purchases, which meant uninstalling the latest v5 version of TMT and going back to the last pre-cinavia version... lets say the wife wasn't happy with the time delay!