Sending my ETH6 back for RMA :-(

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:06 pm

It is nice that Silicondust has their own forum. It's weird the Ceton doesn't (unless you consider this site to be Ceton's). As for Silicondust's support... I don't know... I never needed to contact them for anything. Both of my HDHRP's just worked right out of the box.

I will say that the times I had to contact Ceton, I think they provided good service. They even replaced the first ITV4 with a brand new one. They cross-shipped it, overnight, at no charge.

wackychimp

Post by wackychimp » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah, Ceton's support has been great for me too. Don't get me wrong on that one. :) They're responsive and friendly. I just wondered if SD's was up to par.

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:54 pm

blueiedgod wrote:
If end consumer does not like tinkering and wants something that works out of the box, and is locked down, that is what Apple is for. But, Apple does not think you should be watching TV, they would rather you purchased previously aired episodes from them. That is how they make it "work out of the box"

Both Ceton and SD probably work just fine for 90% of the people out there. And the 10% of the people that it doesn't work either end up sending it back or fix it them selves. We built the "dvr" our selves, what's another $5 fan?
The $5 fan is ugly and not presentable.

There are many consumer electronics and computers other than Apple that do not need modification. Too often the cause of pixelation is cited as heat related. Not sure how this is defensible.

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

wackychimp wrote:Yeah, Ceton's support has been great for me too. Don't get me wrong on that one. :) They're responsive and friendly. I just wondered if SD's was up to par.
Ceton support has been very friendly. Also very responsive assuming the issue is related my configuration. Once the standard troubleshooting was finished, they seemed to give up and say the product was just not for me. No exchange, no firmware fix, just some MS fixes and capture logs.