Recorded TV not displaying in Ceton Companion

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Jade10145

HTPC Specs: Show details

Recorded TV not displaying in Ceton Companion

Post by Jade10145 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi All,

I am having an issue where recorded tv located on a network share is not displaying in the Ceton Companion App when using second HTPC.

Here's my set up. Main HTPC records tv and saves it to an secondary drive located in the local machine in a "Recorded TV" folder. This folder is set up for sharing. Recorded TV is also saved to the recorded tv folder on a WHS. . On the second HTPC, I added the network shares via Tasks- Media Library-Select a media library.

When I open up the Ceton Companion app and connect to the second HTPC, and go to the "Recorded TV" menu item, nothing displays. But when I go to the "Series" option all my shows display.
Tyler Durden: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Tyler Durden: Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 pm

The Service running on the second PC is not logged in as you - the service still runs even if you log out of Windows. That background service doesn't have access to the network drives that the foreground user account sets up. To see network resources in the companion app, the Server needs to have a username and password for those network resources, and know the network path. You can do that under Advanced/Network in the MMC Services setup.

Jade10145

Post by Jade10145 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Ok will try this when I get home. I believe that the user name and password is already entered, but the network path may not be.
Tyler Durden: It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Tyler Durden: Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

Jade10145

Post by Jade10145 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Ok this seemed to work. I re-entered my network credentials and the recorded tv began displaying in the Ceton Companion app. I did notice that there wasn't any fields for entering the network path. I only found a place to enter the network path on the "Movies" tab I believe.

Either way it's fixed. Thanks for your help!