Netflix not tracking recently watched in WMC

andrewc

HTPC Specs: Show details

Netflix not tracking recently watched in WMC

Post by andrewc » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:53 pm

In WMC, Netflix isn't keeping track of recently watched items, nor is it recording progress in TV episodes or the % finished of items not fully watched. Watching in a browser works fine with recently watched. Anyone else experiencing this or have ideas how to get it tracking again?

It was working months and months ago, but we temporarily canceled our account, and now that we have restarted it (re-opened the same old account, and our queue and stuff was intact) recently watched isn't updating/tracking at all. Thanks.

richdreiman

Post by richdreiman » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:08 am

I'm having the same problem. I got my Netflix account after I already had Windows 8 and MCE up and running, so from my perspective it has never worked within MCE.

richdreiman

Post by richdreiman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 am

okay, I think I figured it out. I was able to get it to start working by first signing out of Netflix on media center. Then I went into internet explorer, which I rarely use (prefer chrome) and selected internet options., delete browsing history. I then went to the Netflix website within internet explorer, selected account settings, and signed out of all devices. Lastly, for good measure, I red elected all of the IE browsing history and closed out IE. I then went back to Media Center logged back into Netflix and now its saving my progress and recently watched. I do experience a little lag o. The re enemy watched list, but it is working.

Let me know if this works for you too.