Cannot stop recording

nmstough

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot stop recording

Post by nmstough » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 am

I have a problem stopping media center from recording. A user in my household mistakenly hit the button to record the series and this is for a channel which has news announcements 5 times per hour. As a result, hundreds of recordings got scheduled. After I discovered this I tried to delete the series, and in fact it isn't listed amongst the scheduled recordings anymore. Nevertheless the shows keep getting recorded - filling up and wiping out my existing recorded shows.

I have tried everything to stop it, all without success:

1. Tried clear recording schedule
2. Tried adding back the series recording and then deleting it again
3. Searched for recordings.xml file, which doesn't exist (maybe because nothing is scheduled?)
4. Used system restore to reset my files and settings back before the recording mistake was made.

What can I do at this point? I am out of ideas.

dotbatman

Post by dotbatman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:09 pm

If you find one of the entries in the guide, you can cycle through record series, record instance and do not record by highlighting the entry and hitting the record button. That has worked for issues like the one your having on my system in the past. If that doesn't work, I'd do this:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/09/clearing ... enter.html

nmstough

Post by nmstough » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:06 pm

dotbatman wrote:If you find one of the entries in the guide, you can cycle through record series, record instance and do not record by highlighting the entry and hitting the record button. That has worked for issues like the one your having on my system in the past. If that doesn't work, I'd do this:

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/09/clearing ... enter.html
The first method didn't work for me. So I had to use the second. That one worked. But I had to set up all my tuners again, which was a pain. Thanks for the help.