Error 1005 when connecting

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
lunathedog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Error 1005 when connecting

Post by lunathedog » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:12 pm

hi my name is jason and I just purchased the app and can not get it to connect at all. I tried the diagnostics on the media center configuration app and it says everything is fine. when I scan It will not find it and when manually add IP address I get error1005. what should I do. I disabled the firewall also tried rebooting everything and still nothing. I switch the port number with no success so im stuck

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Where exactly are you seeing this error code at?

Can you open up the my media center config on your PC and go to about>diagnostics and run it and post your results.

Ensure your date, time, and time zone are in sync between your device running the app and your PC.

Open up a browser on your PC and enter
Http://IPofPC:5832 where the IP is what is displayed on the mmc config in advanced -> network. And also perform this same test on your device that has the app installed.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

firebear

Post by firebear » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:29 am

I've been having the same problem without the error message. mmc config shows good in a diagnostic, all times/time zones and dates are in sync, and I've tried from both my android phone and tablet. I have also turned firewalls off, re-started my computer, and look for settings that could cause the connection problem. So far no luck.

When I open up a browser, the computer shows "this page can't be displayed" and android shows "webpage not available".

Any advice on what to do next would be appreciated

Running tests
Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS type: x64
checking to see if cdatasvc is running
Running, everything looks good here.
checking to see if yammmsvc is running
Running, everything looks good here.
checking to ensure proper communication exists for apps
checking to see if valid settings on http://***IP***/
valid settings
Settings received from My Media Center v13.2.26.1062 on myPC
Communication tests success.

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:39 am

Did you change the port that My media Center services are running on? I can not see from your logs as you blanked them out. It usually just display 127.0.0.1 which is localhost.
I Write, Code, and Tweet