Better replacement remotes for the Echo

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Jimmersd

HTPC Specs: Show details

Better replacement remotes for the Echo

Post by Jimmersd » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:28 pm

The only real complaint about the design of the Ceton Echo is the stock remote. This has been said here before.

As Maximum PC called it in their May review, it's "craptastically generic". And that's an understatement.

It was very disappointing to have to replace the remote straight out of the box. But because the buttons are too small ,poorly position, unresponsive and not suited to 50something or large hands. It was a must.

The Logitech offerings were too expensive for me to tolerate, considering how much I recently shelled out for the HTPC, Network Gear, 2 Echos, 2 HDHR Primes, Cables, Fittings,etc.. So I went for the cheapest I could find and was pleasantly surprised that the Rosewill RRC-126 turns out to be a good substitute. Ceton saw fit to build the Echo to be responsive to the standard WMC remote control code set so the RRC-126 works right out of the box without any tweaking. The buttons are spaced widely enough to allow pudgy fingers to hit one button at a time and soft enough not to aggravate arthritic digits.

The only other thing I would have liked to have is universal TV support but I guess I can't have everything on the cheap.

http://www.maximumpc.com/ceton_echo_win ... eview_2013
https://www.google.com/search?q=rosewil ... 80&bih=965

ajhieb

Post by ajhieb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:08 pm

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah, thanks. Have seen this thread. Just wanted to throw a review at the remote I bought.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:34 am

Any remote would be better than the one supplied with the Echo.

Hmmm... let me rephrase that... supplying NO remote would be better than the one they supplied with the Echo!

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:37 am

barnabas1969 wrote:Any remote would be better than the one supplied with the Echo.

Hmmm... let me rephrase that... supplying NO remote would be better than the one they supplied with the Echo!
YEP!