Auto login Issue

davidbecht01

HTPC Specs: Show details

Auto login Issue

Post by davidbecht01 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:25 pm

I have a strange problem that has plagued me for some time now. I have setup my machine to wakeup from sleep without having to log back in even though I have a password set. I would remove the password but in order for RecordedTVHD to gather recorded TV from other machines the user needs to have a password. It works flawlessly until I run Media Center. Once it has been opened, the login box appears if the pc goes to sleep. The only way to stop it from appearing is to reboot the machine. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what can be causing this and how I can fix it?

Thanks....

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:35 pm

You can use a user account without a password if you create a batch file in the Startup folder that uses the NET USE command to map the drives for you.

NET USE X: \\server\folder password /user:server\account

mjktg99

Post by mjktg99 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:32 pm

If you set the same user name and password for all of the machines, that should resolve your issue as well. For instance, I am running 3 W7 setups just for WMC and they all have ADMIN as the user and they all use the same password. The reason this works is because Windows will try and authenticate with the local credentials and if they are the same as the credentials on the remote machine, it should go through.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:25 am

Just in case you have not already done this:- Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Power Options/Require a Password on Wakeup then check the "Dont require a password" box(admin rights required), the "Require a password on Wakeup (Recommended)" button should then be unchecked!