Windows 8 MC and InfiniTV 4 USB

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Lerotic

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8 MC and InfiniTV 4 USB

Post by Lerotic » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:29 am

I'd like to know if you have this setup and either have or don't have BugCheck crashes/reboots. It could also be helpful to know your basic setup.

I'm getting a seemly random BugCheck reboot about once or twice a day. No apparent correlation with any activity.
The error is "Kernel Security Check Failure" and is caused by ceton_usb_mocur.sys. I found the cause using WinDbg on the memory dump.
I've filed a bug with Ceton, but they only say, "it's a known issue, we're working on it, and we have no ETA". Windows 7 is a solution, but not the point here.

I'm running on a pretty typical hardware platform. ASRock, I5, 8GB Ram, SSD.
The software is as vanilla as it gets too: Win 8 Pro with MC, Ceton, graphics and ethernet drivers.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:10 am

Are you running the beta drivers? http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/b ... er-update/

Also ensure your USB drivers are up to date and that you are plugging it into the main Motherboards usb ports?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Lerotic

Post by Lerotic » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:25 am

The drivers on the beta page and on the main are the same currently: ceton_infinitv_setup_w8_13_06_03_1088.exe. I have had this installed and Ceton has confirmed this is the latest driver and that all Windows 8 drivers are beta.

I see no usb drivers for the motherboard on the manufacturers site. I did install the INF driver, which as I recall installs some low level chip drivers.

It's been plugged directly into one of 4 USB 3.0 ports on the back of the motherboard.

Viventis

Post by Viventis » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Try using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0. I have read that others have had problems using a 3.0 USB port.

Lerotic

Post by Lerotic » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:52 pm

That's a good idea and I'm giving it a shot.

Lerotic

Post by Lerotic » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:37 am

Got another error today, so the USB3 suggestion didn't help, unfortunately.

If anyone has the topic's setup and it works, it must be some very different hardware architecture.