Personal videos and ripped DVDs not showing up

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
rickhantz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Personal videos and ripped DVDs not showing up

Post by rickhantz » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:52 am

I create a folder and put the video in there. In WMC, I see the folder.
In My Media Center, only validated movie folders show up.
Is there a manual way that I can create a folder so that it will show up?

rickhantz

Post by rickhantz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Am I missing something obvious? Or does no one visit these forums.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:57 pm

I have no clue what you mean by "only validated movie folders show up". In the My Media Center Services app, you have all your movie folders/main folder containing all your movie sub-folder added; correct?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:35 pm

To add some further clarification, "My Media Center" refers to the add on service from Ceton that allows to to manage your Windows Media Center from a phone or tablet.

If your question is just about Windows Media Center, rather than the My Media Center app and it's associated service, you can make your rips display in the Movie Gallery by adding certain information to the folders. YAMM ( http://mikinho.com/yammm/ ) is one tool that will generate the necessary additional information.

(YAMM is now part of the My Media Center service)

rickhantz

Post by rickhantz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:24 pm

If I name my movie folders correctly, they show up on My Media Center app on my Win8 client.

My ripped movies, TV shows, other videos that I have, do not show up in My Media Center app, although they are visible in WMC and can be played from there.

I appreciate the help, as I am finally been using WMC and OTA for over a year, and am turning off my Dish sub shortly.
I'm trying to make things easy to use for my family and friends (and myself).
The MMC app is a huge improvement so far.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:37 pm

rickhantz wrote:My ripped movies, TV shows, other videos that I have, do not show up in My Media Center app, although they are visible in WMC and can be played from there.
Visible in what part of WMC? The Movie Gallery? The Videos Gallery? My Media Center only maps the TV gallery and the Movies gallery from WMC.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:16 pm

I think he's saying his movies show up properly in the Win 8 MMC app as well as WMC itself; and it's just on his phone it won't display on the MMC app. Is this correct OP? If so, what mobile OS is it? Also, try to clear cache and run initial setup again, there's options in the app to do both.