Burn large WTV files to Blu-ray?

cadams8221218

HTPC Specs: Show details

Burn large WTV files to Blu-ray?

Post by cadams8221218 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 pm

I have many large files that need to burn to a blu ray disc, The largest is 30 gigs, what is the best way to do this, i tried to use mc-tv converter to convert the files to avi and ts format to try and burn them to a disc. The conversion finsihes, takes like 12 hours and when i play the file it is only like 10 minutes long, the orignal copy is like 6 hours long, what converter is best and how do i then burn it to a blu ray disc, i need to recoop a whooooole lotta space. Thanks in advance

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:37 pm

How much are blank bluray discs these days? (I've never used one).

Could you maybe offload some files to a USB HDD instead?

Failing that, videoredo works well (paid for app), dvrmstoolbox is worth a look too (free app).
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:23 am

Have you tried MCE Buddy? Out of all the automatic conversion programs, that seems to work the best for me (as far as getting the smallest file size, while keeping a decent looking picture)

cadams8221218 wrote:I have many large files that need to burn to a blu ray disc, The largest is 30 gigs, what is the best way to do this, i tried to use mc-tv converter to convert the files to avi and ts format to try and burn them to a disc. The conversion finsihes, takes like 12 hours and when i play the file it is only like 10 minutes long, the orignal copy is like 6 hours long, what converter is best and how do i then burn it to a blu ray disc, i need to recoop a whooooole lotta space. Thanks in advance

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:42 pm

If you have a Blu-ray burner in your HTPC, does the 'Burn to DVD' feature in Media Center work with it? Or do you have to specifically use Blu-ray burning software? I have a Blu-ray burner in mine, but no discs to see for myself.