Stream LiveTV to smartphone?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Stream LiveTV to smartphone?

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 am

Is this do-able?

If so is it going to happen as in is it on the road map?

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:39 am

The apps currently do not stream television. While on the roadmap, no eta right now. They are focused on management and control of your WMC experience.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 am

The SiliconDust Project connect doesn't provide for recording or even pausing LiveTV.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 am

Motz wrote:The apps currently do not stream television. While on the roadmap, no eta right now. They are focused on management and control of your WMC experience.
The MyMediaCenter app controls the HTPC and my echo quite well.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Any Update on this feature?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:17 pm

It's in the same post that lists all the new features in the Echo, the InfiniTV6 and the Q.

Do you really think you'll get an update any sooner by constantly nagging them about it? They got bitten by over-promising features before they were ready, and it seems that the lesson learned was to shut up until they can delivery on their promises.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Where is this post?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Whoosh.......

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 pm

LOL..

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 am

It is on the roadmap, but no eta at this time.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Coorzman

Post by Coorzman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 pm

I can't wait! I'll buy this app as soon as this feature is added.

hieloiceberg

Post by hieloiceberg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello! I have a silicondust HDHomeRun network tuner and also wanted to stream tv to my phone and after so much search I found DVBLink Server and it works great, the server is free and so is the app for the phone but you need to use two more plugins in order to work and those you have to purchase. I think one is DVBLink Connect! Server and DVBLink TVSource, you can try them for free I think they give you like 16 days trial.

gabrielcab

Post by gabrielcab » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:25 pm

hieloiceberg wrote:Hello! I have a silicondust HDHomeRun network tuner and also wanted to stream tv to my phone and after so much search I found DVBLink Server and it works great, the server is free and so is the app for the phone but you need to use two more plugins in order to work and those you have to purchase. I think one is DVBLink Connect! Server and DVBLink TVSource, you can try them for free I think they give you like 16 days trial.
The the HDHomeRun you can install the latest beta driver and download an app called "HomeRunTV" + "Vplayer" and you can view live-tv on your phone locally with excellent quality.

bshaf

Post by bshaf » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 pm

I can't believe Ceton is behind on curve on getting the streaming feature added. Maybe ill have to look at the silicon dust products.

Klownicle

Post by Klownicle » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 pm

bshaf wrote:I can't believe Ceton is behind on curve on getting the streaming feature added. Maybe ill have to look at the silicon dust products.
If you setup a Layer 2 Ethernet VPN Bridge, you can VPN into your home network and stream live tv to any WMC capable device anywhere in the world pending a good enough connection, 25mbits for HD, 5mbits for SD. This is what I do and it works wonderfully. You can setup a free VPN using OpenVPN on Linux, Layer 2 VPN Bridges on Windows require some sort of NAT which doesn't work out very well, so I stick with Linux and its wonderful :)

Its not exactly bit-friendly streaming but it provides a exact replica as if you were plugged into your home network.

It MUST BE a Layer 2 VPN, Layer 3 (traditional vpn's) will not work. I think the term tap and not tun is what is used to refer to the Layer 2 protocol with VPN's.

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:52 pm

bshaf wrote:I can't believe Ceton is behind on curve on getting the streaming feature added. Maybe ill have to look at the silicon dust products.
Behind the times compared to what? LiveTV streaming that you can't even pause/ff/rw? There's nothing out there that I'm aware of that streams protected content. Not sure about you, but I'm most interseted in streaming my recorded tv (which happens to be protected) and I don't know of any applications that exist that do that today.

Quite honestly, I don't even care so much to "stream" it - just making it transportable to move to a device to watch later on the road, etc.

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:59 am

grinchy wrote:
Behind the times compared to what? LiveTV streaming that you can't even pause/ff/rw? There's nothing out there that I'm aware of that streams protected content. Not sure about you, but I'm most interseted in streaming my recorded tv (which happens to be protected) and I don't know of any applications that exist that do that today.

Quite honestly, I don't even care so much to "stream" it - just making it transportable to move to a device to watch later on the road, etc.
The AT&T U-verse app is the only one I know that makes shows portable.