InfiniTV 6 + Windows 7 losing connection

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ffpre

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 6 + Windows 7 losing connection

Post by ffpre » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 pm

If I stop watching TV for a while, Windows 7 Media Center cannot find the tuners. Using the Ceton Diagnostics tool does show the presence of InfiniTV 6, but I have to reboot to get it working again in Windows Media Center.

Any ideas? I'm pretty close to returning it to Amazon. Was using an InfiniTV PCI before and didn't have these problems (until the PCI card died, which is why I "upgraded" to the 6 tuner ethernet version...)

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:08 pm

To start off with, I would recommend that you remove any firewall/internet security/antivirus software that you have installed. Beyond that, have you opened a support ticket with us?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

ffpre

Post by ffpre » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:46 pm

only AV and Firewall running is Microsoft Essentials and the built-in firewall. Any suggestions?

SoundForSound

Post by SoundForSound » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:55 pm

This seems to be an issue at least 3 of us are seeing occasionally. I usually only see it after a week or longer of uptime. The Ceton diag will see the tuner just fine, a reboot of just the tuner makes no diff, but a reboot of the pc fixes the issue.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:27 am

Then I would recommend you open a support ticket with us. We likely will need to turn on ehrecvr logging.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation