MCL XL on Echo--no effect?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JohnW248

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCL XL on Echo--no effect?

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 pm

I installed MCL XL and while it works as advertised on the Host Machine (and works on those old extenders like Linksys & HP) the Echo seems to live in the past. It still has channel logos but it hasn't updated to 3 hours of guide and I changed the layout of channel number call sign logo with the new version and that didn't work either.

Anyone else try MCL XL on their Echo (I know doing anything with the Echo is like skating on thin ice and this is the wrong time of year to be skating on thin ice).

makryger

Post by makryger » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Perhaps this is throwing a pick in your thin ice... but maybe try re-pairing the echo?
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:08 pm

I was wondering about the settings being "locked"....I think I'll wait until "forced" into that move by some other unknown event (and those seem to happen with the Echo). I just barely have it standing up skating now and doing anything else to it, I'm afraid, might send it through the ice.

Otherwise MCL XL looks neat, three hours is great and all the features work elsewhere, just not on the echo yet.

Edit:

Went back and turned off the Echo, closed Media Center on the host, went to MCL and moved a slider so it would allow me to save changes again, Did it and then clicked on view your guide. Media Center opened with no guide data and a message came up---error MC will download guide data again. For fun, I rebooted the host, opened MC and went to Tasls/TV/Guide/Get latest guide, turned on Echo. After guide downloaded everything is now showing 3 hours and everything in the right order.

Must have done something wrong before...but it's working now.