Channel Map Issues

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
erkotz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by erkotz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:56 pm

I would recommend opening a support ticket with us so we can give you more 1:1 troubleshooting
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Paw Paw

Post by Paw Paw » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:16 pm

beanska wrote:I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.2.2.6) and HW(6829) and still and unable to tune channels. The web GUIsays that 1 channel map with 514 channels have been received. TWO Comcast techs have come by and both are are stumped. Any advice on next steps to try? I haven't been able to use WMC for near a month.
514 Channels sounds like you are on the Houston Comcast system.

Did you try clearing the channel map and forcing it to repopulate after you upgraded the firmware and HW? If not try that first.

Have you checked the signal and S/N levels? I would run the AllCetonSignals script from the Windows Expert site to make sure your signals are within spec. http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... ageIndex=1

beanska

Post by beanska » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 pm

@erkotz: I will try that, thanks.

@Paw Paw: I am on Houston Comcast I have tried clearing the channel map. It comes back but still will not tune channels. The techs that visit are ill-equipped to troubleshoot. All values seem acceptable to me. The result is attached.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Script Result

Paw Paw

Post by Paw Paw » Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 am

beanska wrote:@erkotz: I will try that, thanks.

@Paw Paw: I am on Houston Comcast I have tried clearing the channel map. It comes back but still will not tune channels. The techs that visit are ill-equipped to troubleshoot. All values seem acceptable to me. The result is attached.

That is a good channel map for Houston Comcast (at least today they like to make changes on Tuesday night) and you are correct that all of the signal and S/N levels look OK.

Opening a ticket with Ceton and providing them with a diagnostic dump is definitely your next step.

I would love to hear what the resolution is for your issue when they fix it.

Good Luck

Paw Paw

Post by Paw Paw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:28 pm

As documented previously in this thread I am on the Houston Comcast system and they have recently upgraded their Cisco headend software. This software outputs an invalid Virtual Channel Map, according to Ceton. As a workaround Ceton put a patch in their current Beta firmware to compensate for this issue.

I upgraded to the current Beta firmware and hardware on April 6, 2013. Since then I have noted that when Comcast shuffles channels to different frequencies the Ceton software picks up the new data correctly BUT when Comcast adds a channel or two the Ceton software does NOT recognize that a new channels have been added. The only way I can get my system to see the new channel in the Channel Map is to delete the channel map and force the CableCard to reload the map.

The first time this happened I opened a ticket (NWZ-541-97957) with Ceton. Their response was “The channel map info is downloaded to the cable card. If you are not receiving the channel map updates, this may indicate a problem with the cable card. We would recommend replacing the cable card with your cable provider as it appears to be resetting”.

I am not convinced that I have a CableCard issue since I probably caused the reset when I deleted the channel map. Since this has happened a second time I am concerned that the Ceton workaround in their Beta software cannot handle the addition of new channels to the channel map.

Erkotz, your insight on this problem would be appreciated. There are copies of the diags before and after deleting the Channel Map in the original ticket and I have them for this second occurrence of the problem if you need them.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:19 am

Paw Paw wrote:As documented previously in this thread I am on the Houston Comcast system and they have recently upgraded their Cisco headend software. This software outputs an invalid Virtual Channel Map, according to Ceton. As a workaround Ceton put a patch in their current Beta firmware to compensate for this issue.

I upgraded to the current Beta firmware and hardware on April 6, 2013. Since then I have noted that when Comcast shuffles channels to different frequencies the Ceton software picks up the new data correctly BUT when Comcast adds a channel or two the Ceton software does NOT recognize that a new channels have been added. The only way I can get my system to see the new channel in the Channel Map is to delete the channel map and force the CableCard to reload the map.

The first time this happened I opened a ticket (NWZ-541-97957) with Ceton. Their response was “The channel map info is downloaded to the cable card. If you are not receiving the channel map updates, this may indicate a problem with the cable card. We would recommend replacing the cable card with your cable provider as it appears to be resetting”.

I am not convinced that I have a CableCard issue since I probably caused the reset when I deleted the channel map. Since this has happened a second time I am concerned that the Ceton workaround in their Beta software cannot handle the addition of new channels to the channel map.

Erkotz, your insight on this problem would be appreciated. There are copies of the diags before and after deleting the Channel Map in the original ticket and I have them for this second occurrence of the problem if you need them.
I'm not aware of any other reports of this issue aside from your ticket. In fact, we have an employee on Comcast Houston and he is not experiencing this issue. I would recommend you start by replacing the CableCARD, as mentioned in the ticket.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:51 am

I am having similar issues tuning certain channels. I TW tech called me this morning to followup and after describing my setup he advised me to change my wiring setup on my tuning adapter. I don't have another splitter handy so i haven't tried it yet.

Old (the way I have it now):
Cable from wall -> Tuning Adapter "In"
Cable from Tuning Adapter "Out" to infinitv

New:
Cable from wall -> Splitter
Cable from Splitter "A" to Tuning Adapter
Cable from Splitter "B" to infinitv