So where is the manual?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

So where is the manual?

Post by werds » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:01 pm

I didn't look overly hard but things I coudlnt figure out intuitively or easily spot instructions for...

1. How do I use the android app as a remote for my Xbox Extenders? Is there something I need to do to get that accomplished?
2. Why am I unable to access my guide information when outside of the home? Was there some blue smoke that I forgot to setup in order to use this functionality?
3. I use Media Browser for my movie organization and meta data... if I set up the "Gallery" will this conflict with the Media Browser Meta Data? Currently not using this function for fear of messing up my movie library setup...

gator99

Post by gator99 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:43 pm

1. when you open the app you should see a "remote" icon at the top that takes you to the navigation page, then (if you have your extender turned on) you can "tap" the name at the top right and it will give you a list of devices you can control

2. Not sure but you probably don't have your port forwarding setup properly on the app/or maybe router - you will need to search for that here in the forums possibly the FAQ?

3. this has not been implemented (I use Media Browser) so I turn YAMM off (via services in windows) and patiently wait - here is one thread - http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=2838

werds

Post by werds » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:48 am

gator99 wrote:1. when you open the app you should see a "remote" icon at the top that takes you to the navigation page, then (if you have your extender turned on) you can "tap" the name at the top right and it will give you a list of devices you can control

2. Not sure but you probably don't have your port forwarding setup properly on the app/or maybe router - you will need to search for that here in the forums possibly the FAQ?

3. this has not been implemented (I use Media Browser) so I turn YAMM off (via services in windows) and patiently wait - here is one thread - http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=2838

1. Awesome got it to work and even renamed everything to make better sense.

2.Hmmm I will need to look at that a bit later when I have time to muck around then... will have to come back to it... nevermind, got a few moments just now, set port forwarding to my Main HTPC on my router for the specific port asked for in MMC and looks like it all works perfectly! The true test will be when I am several hours away, but my test while turning off the wifi on my phone says it worked!
3. Ok so then I wasn't going crazy, Yea I turned off YAMM as well since I like the way Media Browser is working now. I guess patiently waiting it is!

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:19 am

Setup Guide: http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/MyMe ... pGuide.pdf
Remote Access Guide: http://cetoncorp.com/documents/MyMediaC ... sGuide.pdf

1.) If your extenders are connected and in WMC mode when you go to playback recorded tv/movie you will see a popup asking you what device you want to play it back on. Or when you go to the remote you can tap the name or hit menu and select device (depending on device you are on)
2.) what gator99 said
3.) We do not integrate with existing metadate from 3rd party apps, however I believe that if you turn off creation of wmc metadata & turn off artwork and stuff like that it should be fine depending. You just wont get any artwork/metadata in wmc library. I can do specific testing for you if you zip up a folder of one of your movie folders that has metadata in it (just don't include the movie).
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Motz - I use media browser and have one of my folders zipped with meta data - how do I send this to you? email, need your address.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:20 pm

You can add as an attachment here or just email me: mymediacenter@cetoncorp.com
I Write, Code, and Tweet

werds

Post by werds » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks Motz, I see someone beat me to providing you the information needed. I just wanted to re-iterate that in WMC I currently have NO folders assigned to the movie library, and actually have the entry point HIDDEN for movie library since I use Media Browser exclusively. Just wondering if this changes the behavior of MMC.

Also, would there be any reason that my Recorded TV menu would move choppier or slightly slower after MMC was installed? I thought I saw that behavior earlier this morning and the only recent change was adding MMC, but I am not sure if it was a placebo effect or if it actually was occuring. (The Wife has not made a comment since it was so subtle)

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:26 am

Motz - see attached meta data created by Media Browser.
Attachments
Django Unchained (2012).zip
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 26 times

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 am

So this took a little caressing to get it working as I did find a bug which we need to fix up.

The bug being that if for some reason the my media center config is open yammm is using it's default settings when gathering it's information. (my assumption is our config file is getting locked or something odd)

So to get it working properly I did this:
1.) First disable YammmSvc and CDataSvc services
2.) GO into my media center config
3.) Go to advanced, disable everything, go to artwork disable everything
4.) Go to Library and specify your directories (use a test directory first)
5.) Save & fully close My Media Center config.
6.) Enable CDataSvc & YammmSvc services
7.) No files are changed inside of the folder, no metadata is changed.
8.) Here is what my media center looked like:
Screenshot (5).png
I will talk to michael to see what is going on with that config file lock issue on monday.

I did a few different settings. If you leave Windows Media Center info on it will create a new dvdid.xml file. If you leave artwork on it will download folder.jpg artwork. If you go to add more folder later because you were testing simply follow the same steps
I Write, Code, and Tweet

werds

Post by werds » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:41 pm

You rock Motz! Will check this out and apply it later this week hopefully...

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Works perfect, now if you can work out the bugs and it would auto update - this would be great. Thank Motz for the Tutorial.

gator99

Post by gator99 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Actually I may have spoke too soon, after waiting the past two hours only a handful of my movies have loaded maybe 16 out of 120+. And not all of those that did load show the cover art?

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:06 am

So we locate everything the movies via the folder name the guide is here: http://www.cetoncorp.com/documents/MyMe ... pGuide.pdf as far as how we do it.
The cover art I can not guarantee that they will always work as I wasn't expecting them to. We read the folder.jpg file but Yammm creates it's own cache and I don't think it copies it over if it is not set in the config.

You can check what files were detected in: C:\ProgramData\Yammm
I Write, Code, and Tweet

gator99

Post by gator99 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:47 am

Thanks Motz - but I guess we are back to waiting for possibly another solution like the previous thread about working with MyMovies or Media Browser....
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=2838