No TV Signal detected only on a couple of subscribe channels

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
foxwood

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by foxwood » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 pm

erkotz wrote:
Comptech wrote:What will the CCV affect if it does not get fixed?
You will not be able to view "High Value" (CCI > 0x00) channels if the CableCARD is not paired.
I know Verizon weren't pairing cards in some markets - maybe the OP doesn't need this (yet)?

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:33 pm

foxwood wrote:I know Verizon weren't pairing cards in some markets - maybe the OP doesn't need this (yet)?
Verizon FiOS does not require pairing (although they did send a letter to customers recommending it). However, if the channel you are trying to tune is flagged copy-once or higher, then pairing is required to view that channel, as mentioned above.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Comptech

Post by Comptech » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:54 pm

So Ceton had me install and upgrade to new beta firmware and software. As of this morning all is paired and working as it should. All diagnostics passed. I learned a lot about how these cablecards work and what needs to be done to diagnose them properly. Thank you everyone for your help... :clap: :clap:

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Scallica wrote:
foxwood wrote:I know Verizon weren't pairing cards in some markets - maybe the OP doesn't need this (yet)?
Verizon FiOS does not require pairing (although they did send a letter to customers recommending it). However, if the channel you are trying to tune is flagged copy-once or higher, then pairing is required to view that channel, as mentioned above.
This varies by region and most of the Frontier "Fios" now require pairing. Also I think Premium channels are all "protected" now system wide. Prior to this, Verizon just "staged*" cards which would allow a user to pull a card from a Tivo and put it in a Ceton device. No longer, the card will stop working if moved.

* Staging or Provisioning of equipment is usually entry of the serial number or mac address into the headend digital control network that makes it alive and authorized on that cable system. This prevents devices from "walking" to other areas or companies.