No Music from my library will play on the Echo

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
ucfknight

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Music from my library will play on the Echo

Post by ucfknight » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Anybody else seen an issue where no music will play on the Echo? If I start any song, it looks like it is playing but the timer just sits there at 0:00 and the song never actually plays. I've tried probably 25 songs and they all do the same exact thing.

My entire music library is made up of just simple .MP3 files (with a few .WMA files sprinkled in) with no DRM of any kind. Most are using bitrates between 192 and 320 Kbps. The same music files play fine on my HTPC and through an Xbox 360 extender.

Any ideas?

shortcut3d

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by shortcut3d » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:54 am

ucfknight wrote:Anybody else seen an issue where no music will play on the Echo? If I start any song, it looks like it is playing but the timer just sits there at 0:00 and the song never actually plays. I've tried probably 25 songs and they all do the same exact thing.

My entire music library is made up of just simple .MP3 files (with a few .WMA files sprinkled in) with no DRM of any kind. Most are using bitrates between 192 and 320 Kbps. The same music files play fine on my HTPC and through an Xbox 360 extender.

Any ideas?
Unfortunately, I've experienced this on the Echo and Xbox 360 a few months back. I resolved the problem by removing and adding the extender. I found that DHCP reservations resolved this issue permanently. It might be caused by a DHCP renewal and having a large library.