infiniTV4 card disabled my onboard graphics

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
golfdude

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV4 card disabled my onboard graphics

Post by golfdude » Thu May 30, 2013 12:46 pm

my pc only has 1 pcie slot, and has on board graphics, when i installed the infinity it disabled all my onboard video outputs.. if i temporarily put in a video card in that pci slot so i get a video signal, is there a way to tell it to run from onboard graphics when i go to reinstall my inifinity card? is that possible in the bios somehow?

werds

Post by werds » Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 pm

golfdude wrote:my pc only has 1 pcie slot, and has on board graphics, when i installed the infinity it disabled all my onboard video outputs.. if i temporarily put in a video card in that pci slot so i get a video signal, is there a way to tell it to run from onboard graphics when i go to reinstall my inifinity card? is that possible in the bios somehow?
Basing this off of my motherboards that have integrated graphics options - Yes, go into bios and set the primary video or gpu or whatever acronym it is using as IGP. This way it should not trip out when you have the InfiniTV plugged in.

golfdude

Post by golfdude » Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 pm

looks like something else is bugging my system.. i just tried an external video card in hopes of getting a video signal, but never did so i cant get into the bios.. guess im sending the box back for repairs.. wish i knew about this video disable before i tried to install the infinity :\

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Thu May 30, 2013 1:32 pm

Try removing the infinitv and use the clearcmos jumper on the motherboard.