InfiniTV 6 ETH Upgrade Process

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
bigcity

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bigcity » Mon May 20, 2013 11:22 am

It'll show in the web interface or also from the ceton diagnostic screen on the cable card tab. If you setup the tuners, I think it will also do a pop up in WMC with the cable card ID and Host ID numbers.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm

erkotz wrote:
ArtieMcD wrote:I can confirm the Bright House tuning adaptors are working here in Melbourne Fl. Got my ETH InfiniTV working perfectly relocating the cable card from my PCIe InfiniTV4... Surprisingly was able to get the pairing reassigned by the first CSR in their call center... That was a 2 hour chore last time when I had to RMA the PCIe tuner.

One issue I'm seeing... The Ceton diagnostics are reporting in the Cable Card tab shows...
Unable to provide Cable Company CableCARD pairing information at the time.

Is this a bug in the new Win 8 Ceton drivers? I'm getting this on my Surface Pro. I can't test the new drivers on my media center pc where the PCIe card is installed as cent dropped support for Win 8 32 bit... So it's stuck with the old drivers.
My guess is your CableCARD has some firmware we haven't seen before. CableCARDs don't have a good way to get that info, so we screen-scrape the MMI pages for it. They likely moved things around - if you want to get a diag and open a support ticket, we can look into it.
I'm seeing this starting with the .132 FW update on all my machines. Cisco Headend started just with the FW update. Filed a ticket with support--not resolved. This is on Win7 64 Pro. You can still get the same information from the WebGui and then clicking on cableCARD tab and clicking on the Host ID screen link. I also noticed just now that it is also not detecting the cableCARD at times and you have to click on another tab and come back once or twice to get it to see the cableCARD. Never can display pairing information and "sometimes" will check entitlement channel.

All new "features" with the .132 beta FW.

miles267

Post by miles267 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:10 pm

JohnW248 wrote:
bigcity wrote:Thanks for the updates, I'll have to check on my tuning adapter model to see what version it is running. Can you only tell if it will support 6 tuners by the firmware version? Will it create any problems if the tuner only supports 4 and it tries to record and there isn't one availabe, assuming it just errors out as normal like it would now if there was something wrong with the tuning adapter. Just didn't want it crashing out all recordings.
If you have a Cisco 1520, then it will support six streams, I think that the Moto has to be running FW 1.36 or higher to support six streams. If your TA only supports four tuners, then only set-up four tuners in Media Center when you run TV Set-up and when they upgrade the FW re-run Set-up and do six tuners. Otherwise you'll get "no signal" whenever it tries to use the tuner that can't return data from the TA. Since Media Center has it's own method of allocating tuners, this can be a problem. With only two tuners, Tuner 1 is live tv and Tuner 2 is Recorded tv, If Tuner 2 is in use with a recording it will roll to tuner 1, etc. As you add tuners it gets more complex as to choices and you always have the option to open a channel in the guide (edit channel, edit sources) and uncheck some tuners. That can be a bit of a busy job to keep from re-running tv set-up, but it is another way to do it, it also lets you rearrange the order that MC uses to select tuners. Just remember the order you put them in is for live tv and not recording. Maybe somebody has a map of the choices.
I have a Motorola MTR700 TA with MTR firmware 1.37 connected to my Ceton 6 ETH tuner. Latest firmware on my Ceton ETH 6. Will this TA support 6 tuners?