Can I repair Windows 7 without breaking DRM?

dejavux2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by dejavux2 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 pm

UPDATE:

Ok, so I've done all of the tests again... RAM, CPU, Heat, HDDs, uninstalling drivers and reinstalling driver. I've even switch out cables, removed and reseated all I/O cards... But I was still having the BSODs...which were still random with the messages.

So, I was going through and doing some cleanup on one of my drives, and I came across some older setup files. One of those setups were for SpyBot Seach and Destroy. I thought "What the hell, I've tried everything else". So I installed it (version 1.6.2) and let it update. I ran a full scan, but it came back with nothing.

I was poking around in SpyBot and remembered that there is a Registry Scanner in there. So I ran it. It came back with a list of items. When looking through the list, it showed 2 nVidia registry entries that were pointing to "an invalid location" meaning that the file the entry was pointing to no longer existed. I told SpyBot to clean the entries.

Well guess what..... I've been up and running for 2 days now with no BSODs....

So now I'm wondering why the nVidia software did not clean these entries when upgrading with the "Clean Install" option, and why Driver Sweeper and Driver Fusion did not clean these entries....

I think I'll keep the SpyBot installer around for a while....

dejavux2

Post by dejavux2 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:14 pm

UPDATE:

Three more days (5 days total) and no more BSODs....

dejavux2

Post by dejavux2 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:44 pm

UPDATE:

Three more days (8 days total) and no more BSODs....

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Fri May 24, 2013 4:09 pm

kmp14 wrote:Just a tip: EVERY time I have had weird, odd, difficult to track down PC problems it has been the power supply.....
YES! I never buy cheap power supplies anymore for that very reason. When they fail, all kinds of weird things happen.